Zuppa di Pesce, a soup with clean rich flavors and a deeply rich seafood broth. Fine dining at its best, right in the luxury of your own dining room.
- 350 g fresh haddock cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Crushed sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 large fresh shrimp with shells and head intact
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup celery diced finely
- 1/4 cup carrots diced finely
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped fine
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 fish stock bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 slices of good rustic crusty bread
- Peel shrimp and take off head.
- Wash shell and head with cold water and set aside.
- Devein shrimp, wash and set aside.
- In a medium soup pot drizzle in olive oil.
- Heat oil to a medium heat, and add in celery, carrots, and onions, and saute till vegetables soften.
- Season with sea salt, crushed black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and bay leaves.
- Add in shrimp shells, and shrimp head, and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in water and drop in bouillon cube.
- Cover and lower heat and let simmer for about 25 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, season halibut with salt and pepper.
- Heat up olive oil in a saute pan.
- Place haddock onto hot pan and sear on each side for 1 minute.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, take off heat and set aside.
- Take broth off heat and strain with a sieve.
- Place haddock and shrimp in a warmed soup bowl and pour hot broth over them.
- Let steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread.
- Time to eat!
- Category: Main, Fish
- Method: Cooking