- 1 mixed berry yogurt (container 125 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container cane sugar
- 1 container vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2 containers flour
- 3/4 container potato starch
- pinch of salt
- 10 grams (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F). Butter and flour a bundt pan or loaf pan (I used a 20cm bundt cake pan).
- Pour the yogurt into a large bowl. Keep the empty yogurt container to use as a measuring cup.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar with an electric whisk or by hand until frothy.
- Add the vegetable oil to the yogurt and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the yogurt/oil mixture to the egg/sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Sift together the flour, potato starch, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend well using an electric whisk or by hand until smooth and without lumps.
- Pour half of your plain -white- mixture to the prepared cake pan.
- Add one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa to the rest of the batter and stir.
- Cover the white mixture with the cocoa mixture. Gently stir with a fork to get a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack before unmolding.
The yogurt marble cake can keep at room temperature, covered, for 3-4 days without losing its moist crumb.
You can use plain or flavored yogurt.