- 1 540ml can of chickpeas washed and drained
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 small yellow pepper diced
- 2 shallots chopped fine
- 2 whole garlic cloves pressed
- 3 small potatoes diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 mildly hot pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 tsp yellow curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp corriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 160ml can coconut milk
- In a large saute pan drizzle in olive oil and begin to heat to a med to high heat.
- Toss in garlic, shallots, bay leaf, and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in peppers and potatoes and stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add in chickpeas.
- At this point sprinkle in all your spices: yellow curry, cumin, turmeric, coriander, sugar, and continually stir blending the spices throughout the mixture.
- Saute for another 4 minutes then toss in tomatoes, and stir again.
- Add in some water and turn heat to a low simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes, then pour in coconut cream.
- Blend well, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off heat and let sit for 10 minutes, garnish with fresh parsley.
- Ready to serve!
- Serve with some warmed up naan. Enjoy!
This dish becomes more flavorful as it sits. This dish is Vegan and Gluten-free (if you omit the naan or opt for a gluten-free bread alternative).