- 1 cup cake flour type 00
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened (I used salted butter so I did not add salt)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granola (I used almond, pecan, cranberry, raisin Granola from the Wild Earth Bakery)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Start putting the oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In an electric mixer beat together butter, sugars and vanilla, at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add the egg until combined well. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Lastly, stir in the granola and the chocolate chips.
- Drop 16 mounds of batter about 2 inches apart onto 2 ungreased large baking sheets, then pat each mound into a 2 1/2-inch round.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, for about 10 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
- Cool on sheets for 1 minute, then transfer the cookies on racks to cool completely.