These cookies are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and loaded with granola and chocolate chips. A perfect snack for chocolate chip cookie lovers!
Who likes granola raise a hand. Me too! It is sooo good, and super healthy, and tasty. Granola is something that you always find in our pantry. As for me, I love it in greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey on top, or in fruit crumbles (my favourite is mango/blueberry crumble). But lately I discovered that is also super delicious in cookies together with chocolate chips.
The Granola I used for these cookies is from a Bakery in Edmonton that my husband and I love: Wild Earth. It is an organic blend with an incredible flavor and crunch. The result is a delicious chewy/crunchy cookie, not too sweet and somewhat healthy. (If there is fruit –dried or fresh-, oats and almonds is considered healthy, isn’t it? ;-))
These cookies are crunchy on the outside, a bit chewy on the inside, slightly sweet and loaded with granola and chocolate chips. A perfect snack for chocolate chip cookie lovers!Print
- 1 cup cake flour type 00
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened (I used salted butter so I did not add salt)
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granola (I used almond, pecan, cranberry, raisin Granola from the Wild Earth Bakery)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Start putting the oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In an electric mixer beat together butter, sugars and vanilla, at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add the egg until combined well. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Lastly, stir in the granola and the chocolate chips.
- Drop 16 mounds of batter about 2 inches apart onto 2 ungreased large baking sheets, then pat each mound into a 2 ½-inch round.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, for about 10 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
- Cool on sheets for 1 minute, then transfer the cookies on racks to cool completely.
Disclosure: All links in our posts are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.