Whole Wheat Tahini Banana Nut Bread, a beautiful, nutty flavor for a moist whole wheat banana bread with some crunch from the pecans.
- 1 1/2 cups organic, white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 60 g pecans, chopped
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients: mashed bananas, tahini, greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, and almond milk. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stir, then add the chopped pecans.
- Mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan on a rack.
It keeps well in the freezer, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for a month or more. For a vegan option, substitute the egg with a flax egg and the greek yogurt with coconut or vegetable oil.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking