- 1/2 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 slice ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas
- extra virgin olive oil, for roasting
- 1 tsp dried mixed hebs (I used oregano, sage, rosemary)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole wheat organic cous cous
- 1/4 cup sheep feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Spread the vegetables, garlic, onion and chickpeas on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss (with a spatula or your hand) to coat everything with oil. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing a couple times until the vegetables are done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, put the cous cous into a medium bowl and pour 2/3 cups boiling water overtop; cover with a plate and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff the steamed cous cous with a fork and scrape the roasted vegetables into the bowl, along with the feta.
- Plate and serve immediately, while still warm.
- Serving Size: 3 side servings