- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fancy molasses
- 1 and 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup amaranth flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix on high until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed.
- Add the vanilla and molasses and mix on high until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss the oats, flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Dough will be thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 13 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking