Warm Roasted Potato and Broccoli Salad with Green Lentils is a healthy and delicious dish. Barbecue roasted potatoes and broccoli, tossed with cooked green lentils, chopped purple onion, with a lovely olive oil, lemon, balsamic cream dressing and plenty of fresh chopped chives to finish.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 1/4 cup purple onion
- 5 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of evo oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp balsamic creme
- Dash of fine sea salt and white pepper
- Wash and rinse the lentils, let drain, and in a medium pot, toss in lentils and double the amount of water. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and let simmer for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender. They should still have a bite to them.
- Wash and cut the stem off the bundle. Cut into bite size fleurettes and place into a pot of salted boiling water. Let boil for a couple of minutes and then drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking you can mince up the onion and chop up the chives. Also, prep the potatoes by washing peeling if you wish and cutting them into nice chunks.
- In a small ramekin add olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic cream, maple syrup, a dash of salt and pepper. Whisk well and set aside.
- Get a large piece of foil paper. Place the potatoes and blanched broccoli into the center. Dress with olive oil, salt, pepper. Toss slightly then close the foil creating a pouch. Heat up grill to around 400 degree F, and place pouch on grill.
- Cook for about 20 minutes and open pouch after about 10 minutes turning the vegetables to prevent from burning. Take off grill and place in a medium size bowl.
- Toss lentils into bowl with potatoes and broccoli and mix with a spoon. Take the dressing, give it another whisk, and drizzle all over the lentil, broccoli, potato mixture. Give it another good toss until the dressing is well incorporated and taste for seasoning. Adjust if necessary. A little splash of lemon and we are done.
- Garnish the top with some of the chopped chives, and also place some of the chive strands on top.
Ready to serve!
You could use sweet potato in place of the regular potatoes. Also another good substitution would be cauliflower instead of broccoli. It is really up to you!
For the dressing, use one of your favorites, although this dressing is truly wonderful.
- Category: Main
- Method: stove top/grilling
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegetarian, broccoli, potatoes, fresh, healthy, easy, chives, onions, green lentils, hearty main,,