Vegan Plum Rosemary Galette with Olive Oil Crust. A tender crust and juicy plums with a layer of almond rosemary frangipane in between. Soak up the last bit of Summer and Summer fruits with this delicious vegan dessert. Serve it slightly warm with a dollop of ice/nice cream for maximum pleasure.
For the Galette dough:
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml cold water
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar + more to sprinkle on the plums and galette border
- about 10 rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- about 10 plums
- Preheat the oven to 355° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, add flour, sugar, salt and extra virgin olive oil. Start mixing, then add the cold water a bit at a time. Work -or pulse- the dough fast until it forms a ball. Wrap the ball in plastic and refrigerate for half an hour.
- After that time, put the dough on a lightly floured parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin to form a disk 1 cm thick.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the almond flour, all-purpose flour, cane sugar, and the rosemary leaves finely chopped.
- Spread the mixture on the base of the galette, leaving a border empty.
- Wash the plums, slice them and arrange them on the almond flour mixture. Sprinkle the plums and the border with cane sugar.
- Fold the border on the filling so as to cover it a little bit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack, then slice and enjoy.
You can serve it plain or with ice/nice cream, slightly warm.
It keeps for a couple of days in an airtight container.