- 4 organic, free run eggs
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil in a cast iron pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add garlic, chopped onion, and chili flakes if you want it a bit spicy, and let infuse into the oil.
- Toss in diced tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until reduced to tomato sauce.
- With a wooden spoon, make four wells in the sauce to house the eggs.
- Crack eggs into wells.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook eggs for 3 minutes (soft) or until done to your liking.
- Scoop eggs with some tomato sauce onto a plate and serve with a crusty rustic bread, toasted or warmed your favorite way.
- Serving Size: 4 servings