- 2 sweet elongated red peppers
- 1 can tuna in olive oil (80 g)
- 1 Tbsp pecorino, grated
- 1 Tbsp parmigiano, grated
- 1 tsp salted capers, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 2 yellow grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup bread soaked in milk
- few fresh leaves of basil, parsley, oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Wash the peppers under running water, dry them, and without removing the stem cut a slice lengthwise and set aside.
- In a small bowl roughly crumble with your hands the crumb of bread. Add some milk just to soften the bread and crumble it more.
- In a large bowl, prepare the filling by mixing the tuna, the bread you have previously squeezed from the milk, basil, parsley, oregano, scallion, garlic and capers finely chopped. Then add the grated pecorino and parmigiano, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and the chopped tomatoes.
- Add enough olive oil so the mixture is just enough moist and soft but still grainy.
- Fill each pepper with the stuffing, but without pressing too much so that the filling remains soft. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and drizzle a little more olive oil.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the peppers.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve warm, but even cold they're awesome!
- Serving Size: 2 servings