- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter shaved
- 3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 3/4 cup pineapple chopped
- 3/4 cup mango chopped
- 1/4 cup of 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chopped
- 1/8 cup of granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar.
- Add in shaved butter and with a pastry cutter mix butter into flour creating a pebble texture
- Add pineapple and mango and mix well.
- Toss in white chocolate and mix again distributing the chocolate throughout mixture.
- In another bowl blend milk, vanilla, coconut milk, eggs.
- Pour liquid ingredients a little at a time into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Place dough onto a mixing board and knead about 12 times. Do not over mix will make the scones more cake like.
- Roll out dough into a circle about 2 cm thick.
- Cut into wedges.
- Place dough wedges onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes and just keep an eye on them when they are turning a golden brown they are done.
- Take out of the oven and onto a cooling rack.
- Ready to serve.
Cooking time may vary depending on oven.
The best way to serve is to heat them again in a 350° F oven for about 5-10 minutes.
Can be served with butter or even a jam of your choosing.