Tomato, zucchini and leek Galette with herb ricotta: Layers of phyllo pastry dough brushed with butter; ricotta beautifully blended with an array of fresh herbs, flavored with garlic powder and drops of extra virgin olive oil; leeks sautéed until nice and soft; slices of heirloom tomatoes and zucchini. Oven-baked to a beautiful golden color.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (or few sheets of frozen phyllo pastry)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, well-washed and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces ricotta, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the thinly sliced leeks, salt, pepper. Cook until leeks have softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the leeks to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch-thick rounds and arrange them in one layer on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to drain.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch-thick rounds and in a small bowl mix them with 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl combine the ricotta cheese with the thyme, chives, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix until the ricotta is smooth and uniform.
- Place the puff pastry (or phyllo pastry) on a rimmed, greased, baking sheet and cut the excess on the edges.
- Spread the herb ricotta evenly over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Spread the sautéed leeks over the ricotta. Arrange the tomatoes in a concentric pattern over the leeks. Arrange the zucchini slices in a concentric pattern over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano over the top.
- Fold the border of the pastry up and over the edge of the tomatoes.
- Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden and puffed.
- Remove the galette from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil over the top and set aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
You can use either puff pastry or phyllo pastry.
- Category: Main, Vegetarian
- Method: Baking
Keywords: phyllo pastry, galette, savory, herbs, ricotta, zucchini, tomatoes, leeks, seasonal, organic, vegetarian