In less than no time, using fresh, organic vine tomato, some goat cheese, pesto, Parmigiano, and store bought puff pastry, you are going to create one of the best looking and delectable meals. Perfect for those weekdays on the run or as an appetizer to impress your guests.
- 1 block store-bought puff pastry
- 1 package organic goat cheese
- 12 organic tomatoes with vines attached
- 4 tsp pesto
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp parmigiano reggiano, grated
- A drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 380° F.
- Dust wood board with flour and place block of puff pastry on it.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough rotating the square as you roll to make it uniform.
- Roll to a thickness of 5mm.
- Take the tartlet mold and place on dough.
- With a sharp knife cut around the mold staying 1cm away from the edge making the dough circle larger than the mold.
- Using some olive oil grease the tartlet mold.
- Press puff pastry circle into mold, and using the rolling pin remove any excess dough from edge.
- Mix pesto and heavy cream, and spread onto bottom of puff pastry.
- Crumble goat cheese over pesto filling tartlet a bit.
- Place the vine tomatoes on top of goat cheese.
- Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Finish with a sprinkle of parmigiano, salt and pepper, and some fresh basil.
- Place on a baking sheet and into the oven it goes for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 1 minute, if you can resist eating them.
- Take out of mold, and you're ready to enjoy!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking