Mac and Yease: baked in a hot oven, vegan cheese and cream bubbling from the sides baking to a nice crispiness on top and soft melted goodness inside.
- 1 and 1/2 cup elbow pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp nutritional yest
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 100 g vegan cheese (jack cheese) grated
- dusting of crumbs
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of salted water to boil. Taste the water for saltiness.
- Toss in pasta and cook for 11 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking in a saucepan drizzle in oil and heat. Toss in onion and cook till translucent
- Dust in potato starch and make a rue. When mixture is like a paste add almond milk.
- Throw in nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring constantly till nice and creamy.
- Add 1/2 the grated jack cheese. Stir again.
- Take pasta off heat, drain, and toss into sauce mixture. Mix well till pasta is well coated.
- Blend in some of the breadcrumbs.
- Toss mixture into an oven-safe dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs on top.
- Place the rest of the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 400° F preheated oven. Cook until nice and golden brown and crispy on top, approximately 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Ready to serve.