- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices ginger, minced
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tsp lemongrass, grated
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 1/2 cups yellow split peas
- 1/4 cup corn
- 10 cups water
- 2Tbsp vegetable broth powder
- 4 tsp sour cream
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 tsp dry herbs (parsley, oregano, sage, basil)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemongrass
- 1 leaf fresh basil, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot bring olive oil to medium to high heat.
- Toss in onions, celery, carrots.
- Stir till onions start to become translucent.
- Throw in ginger and garlic, and corn.
- Place in sweet potato, and split peas, bay leaves.
- Pour in vegetable broth, and bring to boil stirring frequently.
- Turn down heat and let simmer till sweet potato.
- Take off heat and remove bay leaves.
- With a hand blender or even a food processor blend till smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Place bread cubes in a bowl and toss with dried herb mix of your choice, olive oil, and grated parmigano cheese, and grated lemon grass.
- Put cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake till golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Ladle soup into a bowl.
- Take a teaspoonful of sour cream and swirl into soup.
- Top with croutons carefully so they don't sink into soup.
- Grate a little more lemongrass.
- Ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 6 servings