- 1 1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 medium red potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/3 cup yellow spit peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 1 cup shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 tsp mix of dried herbs
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- In a heavy large soup pot heat oil, on medium to high heat.
- Toss in garlic and onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in shredded carrots, sweet potato, and potatoes and stir frequently for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in lentils and spit peas and mix well.
- Dust in herbs, turmeric, bay leaf and some salt and pepper, blend.
- Pour in vegetable stock and stir.
- Cover and turn heat to a low temperature.Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Place in bowls and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 servings