- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 and 1/2 cups of ice cold water (selzer water optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 bundle of cauliflower
- 1 mango diced
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 stalk of green onion chopped
- 3 litres of canola oil
- Break up cauliflower into florets.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and put cauliflower in.
- Boil for about 10 minutes. Drain and allow to dry.
- In a bowl mix flour, cornstarch, water and salt till smooth and all lumps are blended out.
- In a deep pot bring oil to a temperature of 150°C.
- Place cauliflower into batter a few at a time to ensure they are coated well and place slowly into the hot oil.
- Cook till batter turns a nice golden brown.
- Scoop out onto a plate with some paper towel.
- In a sauce pan put diced mango, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garam masala.
- Toss in fried cauliflower and coat well.
- Serve in a dish and sprinkle with chopped green onion.
- Serving Size: 6 portions