- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25 g (1/4 cup) hazelnuts, roasted
- 25 g (1/3 cup) Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 6 g fresh basil leaves
- about 50 ml (6 Tbsp) e.v.o. oil + more to top it off in the jar
- Gently wash and dry basil leaves.
- Place hazelnuts in a small saute pan and toast to a medium to high heat, tossing them consistently as not to burn them, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Place hazelnuts on a clean dish towel and rub them using the towel to loosen off some of the skin. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients except the olive oil and start pulsing to blend them.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, continually pulsing until mixture comes to a soft and spreadable consistency.
- Scoop mixture out of food processor bowl and into 2 small plastic food storage containers or mason jar (see Notes).
If you’re not freezing your pesto, you can put it into a small mason jar, but remember to top the pesto with a drizzle of olive oil which will preserve it in the fridge for about 5-6 days. If storing in the freezer, use the small plastic containers and do not top off the pesto with olive oil. The pesto will keep for a couple of months.