Strawberry Tiramisu: creamy-dreamy mascarpone/egg yolk/whipping cream blend, fresh strawberries, lemon, limoncello, and mint. Take advantage of sweet summer fruit, with this delectable, easy-to-make, no-bake, twist on an old time favorite.
- 500 g strawberries
- 300 g Savoiardi
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 250 ml mascarpone
- 3 egg yolks
- 80 g + 3 Tbsp fine granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, the juice
- 2 tsp limoncello (or any fruit juice of your choice)
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces, leaving aside some whole to use for decoration. Add the lemon juice, mint leaves chopped, and three tablespoons of sugar. Stir, cover with plastic and set to rest in the fridge.
- In a bowl over a bain-marie (water bath) over low heat, place the egg yolks and the sugar, and stir just for a couple minutes. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime in a medium bowl, whip up the cream stiffly.
- Using a handheld mixer add the mascarpone to the egg/sugar mixture a spoon at a time. Fold in the whipped cream gently with bottom to top movements.
- Puree half of the chopped strawberries, leaving others chopped for some depth of flavor. Press them through a strainer over a low and wide dish to obtain the strawberry juice. Add limoncello to the juice.
- In a trifle bowl spread a layer of strawberry puree.
- Soak your savoiardi in the strawberry/limoncello juice. Place the savoiardi over the strawberry puree.
- Pour the mascarpone mixture over the savoiardi, then the strawberry puree. Repeat with savoiardi soaked in juice, mascarpone mixture, and strawberry puree. End with a layer of savoiardi and mascarpone.
- Cut in half the strawberries you have left intact and decorate your tiramisu as you most like.
- Put it in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least a couple of hours.
- Serving Size: 8-10 people