These strawberry muffins are incredibly moist and packed with strawberries, just mildly sweet, juicy and joyful like a summer day.
I haven't baked for a while, I know. But I must say that it has been extremely and unusually hot in this side of the world, lately. Even humid hot, which they tell me is unbelievable. Not unfamiliar to me, though, that I am starting to have my curls back 🙂 Anyway, the idea to turn the oven on was not as appealing as it commonly is; as you could see I was posting recipes that didn't require any cooking at all (although my beloved husband is always up for some amazing food). Rain was invoked and beseeched by far and wide and it finally came to cool down things a bit, so I could turn my oven on 😉 .
I had in mind this recipe for quite some time. It is from one of my favorite Italian bloggers, Giulia from Juls' Kitchen, a simple, lovely Strawberry Muffins recipe. Light and pleasant as a stroll in the Italian countryside, where everything you need to do is walk while enjoying the fresh air, the birds's chirping, the flowers's fragrance and the greenery surrounding you.
In the case of this recipe, after you've gathered all the -few- ingredients required, you will just have to enjoy how easy breezy they come together in what is a perfect, delicious muffin.
On our Saturday trip to the Farmers Market, I bought some sweet strawberries, a lemon and a vanilla yogurt, while the rest of the ingredients were in my pantry: unbleached all purpose flour, white sugar, eggs, butter, baking soda. Two mixing bowls, one for the dry ingredients one for the wet, a whisk, a spatula, a grater for the lemon zest. Twelve paper muffin cups and a muffin tin. That's all you need to make these delicious Strawberry Muffins.
When the batter is ready just fill the muffin tin, sprinkle some brown sugar on top and put the strawberry muffins in the oven where they will stay for about 25-30 minutes. In the meantime you can clean the mess in the kitchen, but I bet it won't be bad at all, or get lost in the reading of your favorite book.
As for me, I went to get ready, there was Yoga in the Park, I love it and did not want to miss it!
But before going I had to try one, even if it was still warm. It was incredibly moist and packed with strawberries, just mildly sweet, juicy and joyful like a summer day.
Song in the background: Joy Williams "Sunny Day".
- 200 g unbleached all purpose flour
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon, the zest
- 200 g strawberries, chopped
- 125 ml plain or vanilla yogurt
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar for the topping
- Pre-heat the convection oven to 375° F.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the exclusion of the strawberries and the lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine the yogurt, the melted butter and the beaten egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the dry and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Lastly add the chopped strawberries and the lemon zest.
- Line a 12 muffins tin with parchment cups, fill with the batter and sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Cook in the pre heated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.