- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup half and half cream (or heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup matcha chocolate
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp half and half
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Wash, hull and chop strawberries. Chop matcha chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup sugar and salt.
- Toss in strawberry chunks, bits of butter, cream and 1 egg.
- Mix the dough lightly until it just comes together. Don’t overmix.
- Add the matcha chocolate chunks and mix for 5 more seconds.
- On a very well floured counter, pat out dough.Cut into 6 wedges and transfer to baking sheet at least two inches apart.
- Bake scones until firm and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie, adding the teaspoon cream to thin it a bit. Drizzle over scones and let sit for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes