Adapted on a recipe found on "Southern Living - No Taste Like Home" by Kelly Alexander.
- 2 cups digestive cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 peach, 1 nectarine, 2 apricots, 2 plums, cut in wedges
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or limoncello if you have it)
- edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients; firmly press crumb mixture on bottom and sides of 9 round tart pans with removable bottoms (about 4-5 Tbsp per pan).
- Place tart pans on a baking sheet, and bake at 350°F for 10 min or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in baking sheet on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and zest, and egg yolks, until well blended; whisk in mascarpone cheese until blended smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared tart shells.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until almost set (the center will set as they chill).
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Chill 4 hours.
- Arrange sliced stone fruit wedges and edible flowers decoratively over tarts just before serving.