- 3 lbs B.C. Clams
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup clam juice (from steaming the clams)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak clams in salt water. Scrub and rinse clams with cold water.
- Place in a medium pot with cup of salted water. Bring to a boil and steam clams for 3 minutes.
- With some tongs take out clams, set aside. Save 1/2 cup clam juice and strain it to make sure no sand gets through.
- In a large pot heat butter and olive oil, and add in yellow onions, green onions, and garlic. Saute till soft.
- Toss in cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle thyme and parsley, reserve some for garnishing.
- Add in clams, white wine, lemon juice, clam juice and vegetable broth. Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Spoon clams and some broth into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with a nice rustic crusty bread.
- Serving Size: 4 servings