- 2 cups spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano (or Parmigiano)
- 1 clove garlic, heart removed
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Blend the spinach, pine nuts, grana padano cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until nearly smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
To store it, transfer to a glass jar and top with a thin coat of olive oil to prevent the top of the pesto from discoloring.
Keeps for a week in the refrigerator.