- 6 organic free-range eggs
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 30 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large package organic prewashed baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp E.V.O. oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 container of cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- In a sauté pan drizzle in olive oil, toss in garlic and add spinach, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and sauté till spinach is wilted and soft. About 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat. Take out and place in a fine sieve and squeeze the excess water out. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Butter a 9"x13"x2" high baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs. Add the tomato paste and whisk again, then add Parmigiano and salt, and blend.
- Pour into the parchment-lined sheet and place in the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes making sure to check that eggs are not browning on top and also that they're cooked through.
- Take out of oven and cool. Grab the baking sheet and flip onto a piece of parchment on a clean counter. Peel the top parchment carefully off.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the top of the frittata, making sure to get right to the edges.
- Take cooked spinach and distribute it sparingly on top of the cream cheese.
- From the short side of the frittata grab the parchment and begin to roll the frittata into the filling. Remember to pull the parchment away so it does not go into the frittata roll. Also keep the roll tight.
- When you get to the end of rolling, allow parchment to keep rolling around the frittata roll and twist the ends to keep the roll tight.
- Put roll onto a plate and into the fridge for two hours.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and take out of the parchment.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll into 2 cm thick slices. Arrange on a platter.
You can make these frittata rolls with different fillings, also using ricotta or mascarpone instead of the cream cheese. Check different variations here.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop/oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: frittata, cream cheese, spinach, rolls, italian, appetizer, glutenfree, easy, picnic, tomato paste