Spinach and Feta Pinwheels. Moist, tender spinach meets green onion, goat feta, dill, nutmeg, Parmigiano, egg, and a whole lotta love all spiraled in a light flaky buttering rich puff pastry! Why not make tonight an appetizer party night with this amazing baked parcel!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
- 900 grams organic baby spinach
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 2 cups goat feta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle oil into a large saute pan and toss in garlic and chopped green onion. Saute for 2 minutes or until onion softens.
- Toss in washed and spun baby spinach leaves, season with salt and pepper, and saute covered while stirring frequently for 15 minutes or until soft, wilted and tender. Take off heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200° C).
- In a bowl combine spinach, egg, feta, grated Parmigiano, dill, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet, spread 1/2 of the spinach mixture all over the top of the puff pastry leaving a strip at the end.
- Starting at the short end roll up puff pastry into a log. Cut into 12 equal rounds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven on the middle rack and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and serve.
- Repeat process for 2nd puff pastry sheet.
- You may have filling leftover. I used mine in a pasta dish tossing it in a pan with cooked spaghetti.