Spinach and Feta Pinwheels. Moist, tender spinach meets green onion, goat feta, dill, nutmeg, Parmigiano, egg, and a whole lotta love all spiraled in a light flaky buttering rich puff pastry! Why not make tonight an appetizer party night with this amazing baked parcel!
Song of the day: "Dance of the Clairvoyants" by Pearl Jam.
Spinach and Feta Pinwheels, similar to a Spanakopita, however with a buttery puff pastry twist in a finger holding nibble pleasing bite! I love appetizer foods for dinner, how about you?
Spinach, the options are endless.........
Spinach is such an amazing vegetable. It can be eaten raw. A great thing to add to soup. How about a spinach souffle, or a spinach quiche. Better yet, how about a finger food like these amazing delicious pinwheel? Super easy, and in less than 30 minutes you will be nibbling on these tantalizing crispy flaky rounds!
To me, appetizers remind me of parties and gatherings and happy good mood feelings! At home, when I was young, there were plenty of gatherings and just thinking of all those appetizers consequently craving one of these Spinach and Feta Pinwheels!
Our Shopping list for Spinach and Feta Pinwheels.........
- Baby spinach
- Green onions
- Goat Feta Cheese
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Dried dill
- 1 package of butter Puff Pastry dough.
Getting to the Nitty Gritty............................
- The puff pastry needs to thaw so take it out of the freezer and let come at room temperature.
- Okay, we have to get the filling done first. What does that entail? Well, saute the spinach and that happens in a saute pan with olive oil, chopped green onion, and garlic.
- When the spinach is done, it needs to cool, then secondly all the other ingredients go in: feta, Parmigiano, dill, nutmeg, egg, and some salt and pepper and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Thirdly, unroll the puff pastry sheet and spoon the spinach mixture all over the top of the pastry leaving a 1-inch spot on the short end.
- Fourthly, roll up the puff pastry and cut into 12 equal rounds.
A few more steps to finishing these Spinach and Feta Pinwheels!........
- We are almost ready to get these into the oven, however, we have to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- We have placed the rounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and now finally into that hot oven in the middle rack.
Gotta Love the aroma of freshly baked butter Puff Pastry! Absolutely love these Spinach and Feta Pinwheels.............
I have to say, the aroma coming out of the kitchen is mouth-watering. That golden baked sultry goodness, I need to have one of these right now!
You can always change your mind........................
I started wanting to put these up against one another on a ceramic platter, however then I had a vision and it involved some arugula and a rustic pan. What do you think, pan or plate? I like the pan idea. The punch of green, golden pastry and cheesy rich spinach filling against a rustic background. I personally think, very creative, lol.
Time to Taste a Spinach and Feta Pinwheel............................
I love it when you bite into a treat like this and there is this crispiness. Not only that but the flavor of butter. Then there is this velvety sauteed onion, spinach with a beautiful hit of feta, Parmigiano, luscious egg, and hints of dill and nutmeg. It feels so good that I think I will have a few more!
So, I've never made the puff pastry from scratch, and that is okay. When time is a factor finding a good quality puff pastry is key, as a result, that is why I buy the butter puff pastry. It has a lot of flavors, is super uber flaky and easy to work with. All good reasons to me for using it. Furthermore, it is the perfect accompaniment to the rich luscious filling! And....... It just tastes amazing!
Tonight is Appetizer Night, try these Spinach and Feta Pinwheels.....
Why not get the family together and put on a good movie for dinner and serve a plethora of your favorite appetizers including these lovely finger food delights! It's a wonderful way to experience a variety of delicious food! I would love to be invited! lol.
Song of the day: "Dance of the Clairvoyants" by Pearl Jam.Print