Spelt Flour Muffins with Saskatoons and Blueberries, light, soft muffins with a lovely nutty and fruity flavor, to start your day on a nutritious and delicious note.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup e.v.o. oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Saskatoon berries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Place the rack in the center of the oven. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt, and stir.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir it into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the berries and fold in gently.
- Scoop the batter into prepared muffin liners so the cups are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
The Saskatoon berries can be substituted with other berries or with all blueberries for a total of 1 cup.