- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 fresh cracked pepper
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated grana padano cheese
- Cut squash in half length wise.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds with a tablespoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place squash flesh side up on a cutting board.
- Cut garlic cloves in half, chop onion, and place in squash.
- Break up sage, basil and rosemary into small pieces and sprinkle into squash.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Dust with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Place squash halves flesh side down on parchment paper.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350° F for 35-40 minutes or until soft on the inside.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- With a fork go with the grain of the squash and run the fork trough the flesh, it comes out stringy, which is fine. Do both halves placing the strands of squash into a bowl.
- Heat up some olive oil and place squash into pan, taste for seasoning and add if need be.
- When squash is nice and warm place into bowls in three equal portions.
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and bring to medium heat.
- Take garlic and press it a bit the toss in pan.
- Place in tomatoes, basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Top the spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and a nice dusting of grana padano cheese.
- A nice sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Now you’re ready to taste.
- Buon Appetito!
Skip the grating of Grana Padano cheese on top and you have a vegan meal.
- Serving Size: 3 servings