Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino (spaghetti with garlic, oil, and chili peppers). It is one of the quickest, most simple pasta dishes you could ever make and one that will become a favorite because it tastes too good!
- 180 g spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- a substantial pinch of red chili peppers
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- a dusting of Parmigiano/Pecorino, to finish
- Start your good-sized pot of water on boil. Remember to salt the water.
- Drizzle olive oil into a sauté pan. Add the garlic cloves, sliced, the chili peppers, and 1-2 sprigs of fresh parsley. Heat on medium, and sauté for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package, drain but keep a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Put the spaghetti back in the pan with the garlic, oil, and chili peppers, add some of the pasta water, sauté briefly till the "sauce" coats the pasta. Add some chopped parsley. Reserve some for the topping.
- Dust with grated Parmigiano/Pecorino and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Remember to not burn the garlic, this will produce a bitter taste to the oil.
Watch your pasta closely, even use a timer which works quite well. Taste your pasta to see where it is at.
Always taste the salted water, it should taste like a light broth.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spaghetti, aglio olio, Italian food, easy meal, olive oil, garlic, red dhili flakes, peperoncino, fresh parsly, pecorino, parmigiano,