- 6 cups sour cherries, washed, dried and pitted
- 2.5 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 lemon, the juice
- 2 Tbsp Grand Marnier
- Wash jars and lids and place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 250° F. Let dry for about 1/2 hour.
- Stir together cherries and sugar in a large saucepan. Add lemon juice and Grand Marnier.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove the foam on top
- Cook for about 40 minutes.
- Loosely blend with a hand blender.
- Ladle jam into warm jars, wiping the rims and close tightly.