Soft Walnut Cookies (Biscotti Morbidi alle Noci), a delicious gluten-free cookie, typical of the holidays, made with just four ingredients and a dusting of icing sugar. Quick and easy to make, you just can’t stop eating them!
- 1 large egg white, organic, free range
- 100 g coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- 230 g walnuts, ground
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- icing sugar
- Grind the walnuts in a blender. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 340° F (170° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or the Cookina reusable baking sheet.
- In a small bowl beat the egg white with a hand blender until soft peaks are obtained.
- Add the sugar and keep beating at medium/low speed.
- Add the ground walnuts, the vanilla extract, and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Roll little balls of dough between your hands, that are about 20 grams each (use a scale or just eye-ball it).
- Line them on the prepared baking sheet, press the top gently with your index and medium fingers, sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. Do not overbake or they tend to harden.
- Let them cool a bit on the baking sheet, then cool completely on a rack.
These cookies stay soft for a couple of days, then they tend to harden, but are still very good. Store them in an airtight container to keep them moist. We usually do not freeze cookies so I don’t know how they freeze.