Soft Tofu Thai Curry Soup, plays with texture and flavors inspired by Thai Cuisine. Robust, spicy and incredibly delicious, with lovely soft flavorful bursts of tofu.
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, slivered
- 1 orange pepper, slivered
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 vine tomatoes, diced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon grass
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 380 g soft tofu, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a soup pot drizzle in grapeseed oil and sesame oil.
- Toss in green onion and sauté for about 1 minute or until soft.
- Throw in carrots and potatoes and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next, the peppers and diced tomatoes, let that saute for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Spoon in red curry paste and lemon grass, stir vegetables until they are well coated and the curry paste becomes saucy.
- Toss in bay leaves, and broken up basil leaves.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk, stir, and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Throw in soft tofu and whisk a bit and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and serve with a garnish of fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Category: Soups
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Ethnic