- 100 gr soft butter
- 120 gr white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 300 gr flour type 00
- icing sugar: for rolling cookies
- white sugar: for rolling cookies
- To start the preparation of our soft lemon cookies, in an electric mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and continue to whip a few more seconds, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice filtered, flour and baking powder sifted and mix everything.
- You will obtain a soft mixture that you will put it in the fridge to let harden for an hour.
- In the meantime, put the granulated sugar and the icing sugar in two separate bowls; line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- After the elapsed time, resume the bowl with the dough and roll into balls the size of walnuts (about 18 grams each).
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar first, in icing sugar after and then place them on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, being very careful not to let the surface darken (they must remain a light yellow).
- Once cooked (you’ll see small cracks on the cookies), take them out of the oven but wait a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to let them cool completely (they’re just too delicate soon right after).
To keep cookies soft, store them in an airtight container. However, they’re so good that they won’t stay long enough.