- 14 ounces firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces soba noodles
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch of sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tsp wasabi mayo
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Reserve of fresh chopped green onion
- Drain the tofu and press out the excess liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Chop the tofu into cubes and add them to the hot pan.
- Saute gently until the edges begin to brown. Add the soy sauce, maple syrup and pepper.
- Stir and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until edges are crisp. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium pot bring 4 quarts of salted water to boil.
- Cook the soba noodles until al dente, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Clean and sliver the carrots,
- Rinse and dry sunflower sprouts.
- In a wok add sesame oil and canola oil.
- Toss in purple cabbage, green onion (save some of the green onion for garnish).
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and Chinese five spice.
- Saute for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Blend sesame oil, canola oil, wasabi mayo, sriracha, sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Add in salt, pepper, sugar and whisk.
- Place cooked Soba in bottom of bowl.
- Place individually carrots, sauteed purple cabbage, sunflower sprouts, tofu.
- Drizzle some of the dressing on top, with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and fresh chopped green onion.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 2 servings