- 250 g fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 shot cognac or whiskey (we used Crown Royal)
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and salt. Put water to boil on medium high heat.
- Cut the smoked salmon into slivers.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and when warm, toss in the chopped onion. Stir until the onion gets translucent and golden brown.
- Add the slivered salmon, stir to coat the salmon in the olive oil, then add the shot of whiskey, let simmer and reduce to let the flavor sink in the salmon.
- Add the panna or cream and cook for few minutes, then turn off the heat and sprinkle some dill.
- When the pasta is cooked according to the cooking instructions on the package (usually for fresh fettuccine just few minutes), drain the pasta, leaving some of the cooking water in case you need it.
- Place the drained pasta in the skillet and coat with the sauce, adding the pasta water, if too dry.
- Plate and sprinkle with more dill on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3 servings