I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Most of the time we are having a cappuccino, some cookies or something sweet like chocolate croissant or toast and jam. But on some occasions I am craving something savory. I remember when I had my first skillet scramble it was at Humpty's Restaurant which is a local breakfast and family restaurant in Edmonton. This skillet had everything in one plate like bacon, potatoes, peppers, onions and topped with a hollandaise sauce. Very tasty and filling.
I love the smell of breakfast cooking, bacon sizzling, coffee brewing veggies sautéing, a great way to store some energy for a busy day. Or like this morning looking outside at the wintery blustery day (even though it's spring) knowing I have sidewalks to shovel and driveways to clear, a good day for a skillet scramble, in particular a skillet scramble with peppers, onions, tomatoes, green onion, potatoes. So here it goes, breakfast served: Skillet scramble with sunny side up egg. Enjoy!Print
Skillet scramble with sunny side up egg
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 egg
- 5 baby potatoes
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ¼ onion chopped
- 2 green onion stalks
- 1 small tomato chopped
- ¼ cup of grated aged smoked cheddar
- 2 slices of baguette
- Pre boil potatoes for about 10 minutes in a medium pot
- Slice up onion, peppers, tomatoes, green onion.
- Grate cheese.
- In a pan sauté peppers, and onions.
- Drain potatoes and put in with peppers and onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and grated cheese and take off heat.
- In another fry pan cook up egg sunny side up.
- Place veggies and potatoes in a bowl, top with egg and sprinkle chopped green onion and fresh chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 portion
Disclosure: All links in our post are NOT affiliate links. They are only about products or places we normally purchase and like.
When I am not cooking, I enjoy playing musical instruments, singing, writing. I have learned over the years to live in gratitude and enjoy the moment.
Leave a Reply