Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip. This is definitely a party pleaser full of cheesy artichoke flavor and such a creamy texture, it will have your mouth watering. However, there is this surprise element of subtle heat that just warms your heart!
- 398 ml can of artichoke hearts drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 8 oz. (230 g) container of original Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Pinch of fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200° C).
- Toss the artichoke hearts, green onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, along with the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until nicely blended and coarsely pureed.
- Add in the cream cheese, yogurt, and mayo, along with some salt and pepper. Pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle in the grated Parmigiano and for the last time pulse until well blended.
- Place mixture into an oven-safe dish that will hold the quantity of the dip. I used a 14 x 8-inch oval dish and put it onto the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top and sides start to bubble.
- Take out of the oven and serve with toasted bread and pita.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and fresh chopped parsley.
If you don’t like it spicy, just omit the jalapeno, however, it is not too spicy with the amount that I have used here.
You can use a combination of cheese like Parmigiano and Gruyère, but more so a cheese with some acidity to it.
Be careful to wait a bit before serving. The mixture is quite hot and you don’t want to burn anyone’s mouth.