Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip. This definitely is a party pleaser, full of cheesy artichoke flavor and such a creamy texture, it will have your mouth watering. However, there is this surprise element of subtle heat that just warms your heart!
Song of the day: “Are You Gonna Go My Way” by Lenny Kravitz.
Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip. Are you an artichoke lover? Well, I have a dish for you that takes that artichoke flavor and texture to heavenly heights, all warm and lusciously scrumptious, more so, leaving you with many requests for encore performances!
Life’s little treasures!
I came upon this dish many, I mean many, years ago at a cute place called the Sweetwater Café. When I first tasted it my taste buds were blown away at the flavor and texture, furthermore, it was love at first bite. The chef there would not divulge the whole recipe, however, gave me tidbits of ingredients. The rest I would have to figure out, and that I did by trial and error.
A daughter’s request!
Today I am sharing my discovery with you, and more so, answering to a request by my daughter Alexa who has been asking for this recipe.
The other day she went to our blog to look for the recipe for this artichoke dip but didn’t find it! She could not believe that I did not post this one. Even Nicoletta could not believe this tragedy! So quickly and with much due diligence, I said I would, but even better. Talk about inspired, I came home that night and made up a batch to which she received some, along with a promise of a post on it, and as an end result, here I am sharing it with her and all of you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Behind the scenes
Let me take you behind the scenes of this dip. The cast of this award-winning dish is this:
- Water packed artichoke hearts
- Green onion
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil mayo
- Greek yogurt
- Jalapeno peppers
- Olive oil
Pulsing to perfection
This Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip is truly really simple. All you need is a blender or food processor, and the scene goes something like this:
- Firstly drain the artichokes in a cauldron.
- Secondly, toss in the artichokes, jalapeno, and the green onion that you have cleaned and chopped, along with the garlic, furthermore, some olive oil to get things going all in the food processor. Pulse until nicely pureed.
- Thirdly, here is where we add in the cream cheese, mayo, and yogurt. It is going to get creamy at this point. Also, we add some seasoning of salt and pepper, however not too much salt as the Parmigiano is on the salty side.
- Fourthly, in goes the Parmigiano that we have grated and a few pulses and this dip is ready to go into a lightly greased oven dish.
- Lastly into a 400° Fahrenheit (200° C) oven so all the flavors can get melded and acquainted!
Ooooh, that looks good!
I always wish that there was a module on your computer that allows you to smell the aromas of what’s cooking, because, the aroma of this Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip, is absolutely incredible! All we need now is some pita and rustic crusty bread. Next, we need to get that pita in a cast pan and the bread in the oven to get all nice and toasted.
Pepping up the pita!
When we were at the Old Strathcona Farmer’s market the other day, we stopped at one of the vendors, “Theo’s Taverna”, to get some pita. The man there told us a little secret on how he does his pita. My mouth was salivating and my stomach growled. So naturally, I gave it a try and it was amazing.
So really easy. Brush the pita with olive oil and place it in a hot cast pan. Turn it over when the bottom starts to turn a golden brown. When the other side is done take out of the pan and brush with a bit more oil and I dusted it with some za’atar! That’s it, pretty easy, right?
If you thought this dip smelled absolutely incredible before, well, coming out of the oven it is over the top shut the front door stupendous!
Time to give it a try. I serve it on a board with the pita and bread. It looks so cozy and inviting. I spoon some onto my plate and dip the pita in. Before it even hits my lips I bite in. Wow! I love how the artichoke comes through with the green onion. I don’t really have to explain the garlic. It makes everything taste good! Furthermore, the cream cheese, along with the mayo and yogurt just bring some much-needed luxuriousness to the whole with the Parmigiano really jacking up the flavor.
However, there is this little hit of heat from the jalapeno, so subtle that it teases your tongue and really takes this dip to new heights. Don’t you just love when those cheesy strings stretch till they become so thin that they fall down and just hang from the spoon? That is exactly what happened here.
I know during this world pandemic social gatherings are limited, however, this is a great dish if you want to have an appetizer night with the family. It is also a dish that I found kids just loving. My granddaughters love it and they are quite small yet! I sure do hope you try this Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip because it will be a hit in your family too, I assure you!
This one is for you Alexa!
Simply Delicious Artichoke Dip. This is definitely a party pleaser full of cheesy artichoke flavor and such a creamy texture, it will have your mouth watering. However, there is this surprise element of subtle heat that just warms your heart!
- 398 ml can of artichoke hearts drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 8 oz. (230 g) container of original Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Pinch of fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200° C).
- Toss the artichoke hearts, green onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, along with the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until nicely blended and coarsely pureed.
- Add in the cream cheese, yogurt, and mayo, along with some salt and pepper. Pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle in the grated Parmigiano and for the last time pulse until well blended.
- Place mixture into an oven-safe dish that will hold the quantity of the dip. I used a 14 x 8-inch oval dish and put it onto the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top and sides start to bubble.
- Take out of the oven and serve with toasted bread and pita.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and fresh chopped parsley.
If you don’t like it spicy, just omit the jalapeno, however, it is not too spicy with the amount that I have used here.
You can use a combination of cheese like Parmigiano and Gruyère, but more so a cheese with some acidity to it.
Be careful to wait a bit before serving. The mixture is quite hot and you don’t want to burn anyone’s mouth.