Shrimp Sweet Pea Salad Boats! You gotta love the freshness, and flavors of this dish. Quick easy and so much fun to eat, a great appetizer, or even a main to get a meal going!
- 1 1/2 cup small shrimp
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch of paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lime, the juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- In a small pot of water, place fresh shucked and washed peas in, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a saute pan drizzle 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and toss in 1/2 the chopped green onion.
- Saute for a few minute and as the onion becomes a bit opaque, add in peas, green pepper, and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the thyme and 1/2 of the parsley.
- Squeeze some lime juice, a dash of salt and pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- In a bowl place dice mango, red pepper, green onion, avocado.
- Drop in the shrimp pea and pepper mixture.
- Drizzle in remaining olive oil and a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
- Take an iceberg lettuce leaf. Spoon in vegetable, fruit, and shrimp mixture.
- Dust with some minced parsley.
- Serve with a wedge of lime juice.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!
You can use any lettuce you wish, just remember it has to be one that can hold some ingredients inside.
P.S. Be creative and make it your own.