Shaved Brussels Sprout Pizza, a simple pizza with hearty earthy flavors, from the golden crispy crust to those wonderfully infused Brussel sprouts, and all pulled together with wonderfully melted fresh mozzarella! Totally scrumptious!
- 1 pizza dough (store-bought or our homemade)
- 1 small branch of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 small leeks
- 1 Tbsp butternut squash olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon-flavored olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 200 g bocconcini
- grated lemon zest
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Wash the Brussel sprouts and leeks, pat them dry. Shave the Brussels sprouts, or cut thin. Slice the leeks, using only the white and light green part, discarding the dark green part. Put in a bowl and dress with lemon flavored oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the bocconcini.
- Stretch out the pizza dough on a round baking pan, previously oiled.
- Brush the butternut squash olive oil on the stretched dough, spread the sliced bocconcini throughout (reserving some), and top with the shaved Brussels sprouts/leeks.
- Top with the reserved sliced bocconcini. Grate some lemon zest on top and add a pinch of chili flakes (optional).
- Place in the middle rack of the preheated oven or on a pizza stone. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are nice and golden and the top cheese melted and bubbly. We always check the bottom, too, to see if it’s golden.
- When cooked, remove your pizza from the oven, slice, and serve.
The prep time does not include the making and proofing time for the pizza dough.
We never use a rolling pin to stretch the dough, only our hands. The rolling pin compresses and takes out the air pockets making the dough dense. Drizzle some olive oil at the bottom of the pizza pan, spread it with your fingers, then grab the pizza dough ball and start stretching it gently in the pan with your fingertips from the center outward, leaving a thick border.
The cooking time will be less on a very hot pizza stone so watch it carefully.
Optional toppings for this pizza: walnuts and dates; bacon or prosciutto strips. Or let your creativity flow.
- Category: Pizza, Vegetarian
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: pizza, Brussels sprout, bocconcini, olive oil, leeks, Italian, dinner inspiration, healthy, vegetarian