For the scampi with articihokes:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 12 scampi, devined, peeled
- 4 artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 4 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil slivered
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon grass
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp basil puree
- salt and pepper
For the pesto couscous:
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- In a medium pot add hot water to couscous.
- Cover and let sit.
- Steam for about 5 minutes then take a fork and fluff.
- Add pesto and a drizzle of olive oil, to couscous and blend well.
- In a saute pan heat up 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Toss in shallots and garlic and saute till soft 1-2 minutes.
- Throw in artichoke heart quarters, and sun dried tomatoes, and stir.
- Place in scampi
- Pour in white wine and lemon juice, sriracha, lemon grass, basil puree, and stir.
- Cook for about 5 minutes till wine dissipates and sauce thickens coating scampi.
- Sprinkle in some crushed black pepper and taste for salt, add if needed.
- Take off heat.
- Place couscous in a serving platter.
- Pour the scampi mixture on top.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 servings