- 75 g Saltine crackers
- 40 g Organic butter
- 200 g Creamy Ricotta
- 20 g Minced green onion
- 120 g Mortadella
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g Crushed Pistachios
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Place crackers in a food processor and pulse until a fine crumble consistency is achieved.
- Slowly pour in butter and pulse again until crackers mixture is moistened and can be formed.
- In a bowl mix in ricotta cheese and a splash of olive oil, the minced green onion. Continue whipping the mixture with a small fork or whisk until it becomes smooth and creamy. Taste for salt and season if needed.
- Take 6 clean and dried 2-inch diameter by 3-inch high jars and place 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cracker/butter mixture. Press mixture into the bottom of the jars and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place in 2 1/2 teaspoons of the ricotta mixture and even out over cracker crust layer.
- In a food processor pulse mortadella and a splash of olive oil until it becomes a pate in texture.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop a nice teaspoon full using the other teaspoon to press and form it into an oval. Transfer oval from spoon to spoon until oval is firm and smooth and place quenelle on top of ricotta layer. Lay two of these quenelles into each jar.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachio, a drizzle of olive oil, and a dusting of freshly cracked black pepper. Place plastic wrap over jars and refrigerate.
- Take jars out of fridge 1/2 hour before serving.
You may have some leftover mortadella or ricotta mixture. You could make more jars or be creative and make something else.
If you are vegetarian you can use a substitute for the mortadella. For example a lentil quenelle, chickpea quenelle, mushroom, etc.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: mortadella, ricotta, pistachio, appetizer, green oinon,