- 250 g vegetable whipping cream
- 250 g lactose-free milk
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 0,1 g (1 package) powdered saffron
- 3 gelatin sheets (or 1 tsp agar agar)
- a handful of organic unsalted pistachios, grinded
- a handful of peeled almonds, grinded
- some dark chocolate, shaved
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- In a high-sided pan over medium/low heat, pour the whipping cream and milk with the sugar, mix well, and when warm, add the sheet gelatin that you have previously squeezed out.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat, add the powdered saffron and stir well to melt it.
- Put the pot back on to the heat for another 2-3 minutes, always stirring.
- Pour the cream into cups, shot glasses or jars and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When the Panna Cotta is set you can top it with your favorite toppings.
You can use agar agar in place of the gelatin. In that case, bring to boil the cream, milk, sugar and agar agar mix, all together.
Remember you will need about 4 hours in the fridge to set up.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 8 small servings