- 625 g new yellow potatoes
- 625 g red potatoes
- 4 organic free range chicken eggs
- 4 green onion stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup micro greens onion shoots (you can use any micro greens you can find or have)
- 2 Tbsp Japanese mayo
- 4 Tbsp ranch dressing (we used litehouse dressing but you can use what you have or can find)
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Pinch of fresh cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste (we use sea salt)
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup onion shoots
Potatoes and eggs:
- Scrub and wash the potatoes.
- Put in a large pot of water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking place eggs in a medium pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take off heat, rinse with cold water, peel and set aside.
- Take potatoes off heat drain and let cool.
Onions and garlic:
- Chop white onion and green onion lengthwise making long slivers.
- In a medium saute pan add in olive oil and butter.
- Saute onions util they start to caramelize.
- I add a bit of water to steam the onions at first, just a few drops to get some steam going.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- In a bowl whisk mayo, ranch dressing, mustard, sour cream, dill, pepper. Mix well.
- In a large bowl add in potatoes.
- Chop up boiled eggs into nice small pieces, and place in bowl with potatoes.
- Scoop in the caramelized onions.
- Add in some of the chives and parsley and onion shoot, reserving some for the garnishing.
- Drizzle in the dressing, and with your hands, gently mix the salad until the dressing is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Season with salt tasting to make sure seasoning is where you want it to be.
- Sprinkle in the leftover parsley and chives.
- Add in the onion shoots.
- Ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 8-10 side servings