- 1 medium head of romanesco broccoli
- 2 Tbsp e.v.o.oil
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- pinch of chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 380 g maccheroni pasta
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
- Clean and wash the broccoli and divide into florets.
- Put a large pot of salted water to boil and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take broccoli out of the water and keep the water boiling to cook the pasta.
- In a large sautée pan heat up e.v.o. oil, garlic and chili pepper.
- Toss the broccoli in, and mix well to infuse the oil into the broccoli. Using a wood fork mash the florets, adding some water to create the creaminess.
- Drain the pasta al dente and toss it in the pan with the broccoli.
- Add half of the pecorino and mix well.
- Take off heat, plate, grate fresh pepper and sprinkle some more pecorino on top.
- Serving Size: 4 servings