- 400 g pasta (we used homemade fresh “tricolor” rigatoni)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 long peppers
- 1 garlic
- 1 small onion or shallot
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bocconcini
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp pesto (optional)
- 1 Tbsp e.v.o. oil for dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Wash and chop the vegetables, onion, and garlic, and toss them with evo oil, herbs salt and pepper.
- Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted and vegetables are softened. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water according to product label.
- Drain and place in a big bowl.
- Add the roasted veggies, the bocconcini, the pesto, if you’re using, additional evo oil and chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Toss well and enjoy!
If you take the bocconcini out, you have a great vegan roasted veggie pasta salad!
- Serving Size: 4-6 people