- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour type 00
- drop of water, if needed
- more flour for kneading
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 6–8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- shaved Parmigiano for the topping
- In a food processor toss in flour and eggs. Blend till dough starts to form. If needed add a bit of water.
- Take dough out of processor and place on a floured work surface.
- Knead dough folding dough over onto itself and turning and repeating using some good force to get that dough nice and soft.
- The texture should be soft and velvety to the touch, and elastic, now shape it into a dough ball.
- Let dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 ° F.
- Cut pumpkin in half long ways.
- Scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and some dried sage, and thyme.
- Place flesh side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a fork can go smoothly in through the skin and into the flesh.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Scoop flesh from pumpkin and place in a bowl.
- Mix in ricotta, nutmeg, bread crumbs, e.v.o.o oil, some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Take dough and cut rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll dough rounds in a pasta machine starting from the lowest number and repeating one number at a time till you get to 7, and dusting with flour if necessary, lay sheets on a floured surface.
- You can check the size by testing on the ravioli mold.
- Dust tops with some flour.
- Dust ravioli mold with some flour.
- Place pasta sheet on top making sure it goes over the edges a bit.
- Gently press dough into pockets.
- Scoop some pumpkin filling into dough pockets making sure not to fill it to high. it should be level with the top surface of the ravioli mold.
- Place another dough sheet on top and with a rolling pin, roll dough, pressing edges to make sure the dough has been cut forming the squares of ravioli.
- Peel out ravioli and dust with flour, placing them on a floured baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a sautee pan heat olive oil.
- Place in butter and sautee till it melts.
- Throw in sage leaves and pine nuts and cook till sauce turns a nice light golden brown. Take off heat.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, place ravioli in delicately.
- Cook till ravioli come to the surface about 5 minutes.
- Take out of water using a slotted spoon and place in saute pan with butter sauce.
- Heat a touch making sure ravioli are well coated.
- Pace ravioli onto a plate and shave some Parmigiano on top.
- Ready to serve!
You will end with some leftover pumpkin ricotta filling. We made a tart with that.
If you do not have a pasta machine you can use a rolling pin to make the sheets.
If you do not have the ravioli mold you can cut the pasta sheets into 2 inch squares and place a small dollop of filling in the square and place another dough square on top. Then press the edges, finishing by pressing a fork into the edges all round the perimeter.
- Serving Size: 4 servings